27. oktober 2008

Ut med det gamle

Eg må innrømma at det forma seg ei lita drope i augekroken ved attsynet med stjerneskipet "Enterpoop" i Opus-stripa denne søndagen. Til helga er det, hevdar B. B., ugjenkalleleg slutt, av grunnar han redegjer for i dette intervjuet. Spurt om ikkje satire er nett det me treng i mørke tider, svarar han slik:
It's not so much dark times now, as profane and loud. Satire you'll have, oh dear me, indeedy yes. "Vomitous" and "awash" are two words that come to mind. It used to be that everyone would be famous for 15 minutes. How antediluvian. Rather, everyone will now want a satirical YouTube film with 15 megabytes.
Satire we'll have. Rather, the real dearth in our world will be sweetness, comfort, thoughtfulness and civility. If I could do "Peanuts," that's what I'd be doing. Alas, I've tried. And oh, you get way, way richer.
Eg kjem til å sakna Opus. Og minnast Bloom County med glede.

Ingen kommentarer: